A brief overview of our activities concerning firedamp and explosion protection
In the fields of firedamp and explosion protection we offer an exhaustive range of services for the approval of machinery according to European standards (Directive 2014/34/EU) as well as the configuration and equipment of electrical plants and machinery. Our range also includes the application of international standards (IEC, NEC, CEC, etc.).
A further core competence is the issuing of the documents of explosion protection according to Directive 1999/92/EC or the German Ordinance of Industrial Safety (BetrSichV). We also support the manufacturer, planner or user of equipment of the following groups:
- Group I (underground mining of hard coal)
- Group II (Gas Ex, e.g. chemical plants and refineries)
- Group III (Dust Ex, e.g. feedstuff industry, mills and grinding plants)
- A useful basic document is my Ex Kompass which has been issued in English and in German; you will be able to download it for free after registering Ex-Kompass.
Certification of Electrical Equipment, e.g. EU-Type Test Certificates, IECEx Certificate of Conformity, etc.
- Preparing the application for the certification and conducting the approval procedure for electrical equipment according to one of the following more common types of protection: Intrinsic Safety "i", Increased Safety "e", Flameproof Enclosure "d", Pressurized Enclosure "p", but also to one of the other less common types of protection.
- Preferably done at the BVS Expert Body of DEKRA Certification and Testing GmbH, Bochum but, on demand, also at the IBExU in Freiberg, the PTB in Braunschweig or at another notified European or international testing body.
- For Zones 2 and 22, ExGuide is permitted to issue own certificates.
- Processing equipment for the different categories, i.e. 1, 2, and 3, for equipment protection levels Ga, Gb, Gc and Da, Db, and Dc.
- Processing equipment for the different zones, i.e. 0, 1, 2, and 20, 21, and 22.
- Preparing all drawings independently
- Processing your electronic data
- Supporting your development department, or conducting an independent development at our premises
- Handling the application procedure including the submission of duplicate documents
- Calculating and checking energy levels according to the ignition limit curves of intrinsically safe installations
- FMEDA) of electrical devices, e.g. power supply units
Assessment of non-electrical equipment intended for use in Zones 1, 2, 21 and 22
- Risk analysis of explosion protection for non-electrical equipment
- Assessment of ignition hazards according to standards ISO 80079-36 ff
- Issuing an excerpt from the instruction manual that is relevant to explosion protection
- Issuing a statement of conformity as a safety relevant opinion of an independent third-party expert
Test and inspection of electrical and non-electrical equipment on the site
- Assessment and support for creating the document of explosion protection according directive 1999/92/EC and/or the German Ordinance of Industrial Safety
- Conducting the necessary tests, if needed, with support of an accredited testing body
- Issuing of documents and/or supporting the relevant department of the customer/user in doing so